Trailer and Power Generator

Id erased the previous posts. So if I were interested enough..Id dump all the postings, including the saved ones and redownload all the posts. Frankly..Im not that interested in your denial. I do recall the subject of your having a 5 gallon can on hand...or something about a 5 gallon can yada yada.

Shrug. But as it turns out..you only have a 2 gallon can on hand. Which is of course..far worse...less intelligent than Id given you credit for.

Afghanistan? Oh..sorry...I didnt realize you would try bluster and foolishness so soon.

That statement speaks volumes as well. Sadly.

But of course Superman!

But of course. Chortle.

To where..and for how long?

That is indeed the question..isnt it?

But as I said..its your life, your choices and your family (assuming you have one)

Just make your choices wisely. They are the only hope you have.

Now Im done with this.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You obviously don't remember because I have never owned a 5-gal gas can. I asked how one stored gas safely and without it going bad.

Wrong. Having more gas on hand or a can larger than required for the gas needed is far worse than having a smaller can.

You're the one who things I'd be in such an unfriendly place. I don't live in Kalifornica either.

I wish you'd keep your story straight. You're the one who claims that I can't get ten miles without carrying extra gas and are now changing your story to 32 miles. You must be worried about the 22 miles, now.

Just stating the facts, GI Joe.

Anywhere I feel like going at the time. I have family in enough places that I'm not too worried about time.

No.

Good. Try reading next time.

Reply to
krw

A decent GI fuel can can only be detected if full or empty by picking it up and weighing it. They dont leak, they dont smell and they dont discharge vapors.

Which is why they filled entire liberty ships with filled fuel cans. On arrival..they didnt need to be filled..they could be issued as is, right out of the boat.

The NATO cans are decent enough as well

6 cans for $150

The Plastic Fuel Cans made by Spectre of Canada are very good as well..but they are current US issue. Spouts will not interchange, which is why I recommended finding a type and sticking with it. GI (steel) Nato, or current GI MFC (plastic)

Then there are decent commercial cans built along the same lines...

Water cans are also something that folks may consider...shrug

But hey...if you can simply get into ones vehicle and drive to the corner store and pick up fuel/water and potato chips during an emergency..no big deal.

Gunner, who lives in Californias Central Valley..in the High Desert

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The current USGI plastic cans are far far different from the average red plastic gas can. One..they are far thicker and are designed for rough handling AND rough life spans. They are ok..but they do puncture a bit easier on hot days than do steel cans. Id not be too concerned about their slightly less attractive construction if I could only get plastic GI cans or the red gas plastic gas cans from the hardware store.

Shrug.

And they fit the standard cage type GI type fuel can carriers so can be secured on a vehicle, boat, trailer etc etc

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The big problem with evacuating is that you have to wait until the police decide you can return to your own home. They block the highway to returning traffic. I was new to Fl. when Opal came, it was headed away from us when we went to bed, when we got up it was "let's get out of here". The relatives said "follow us" We got about 3 miles before the traffic was backed up. It was still 8 miles to get to the four lane highway. I waited a while and then turned around and headed for home. Mike

Reply to
amdx

You gotta think ahead so you leave ahead of the crowd.

As for the getting back part, I suppose that persistence pays. Unless you live somewhere isolated, there are more streets and roads then there are police.

Vaughn

Reply to
vaughn