Tweco help

I have yet to successfully unscrew the cable holding set screw (9/16") in a Tweco #2 connector. Tried WD-40, heat, and an assortment of allen wrenches. Is there some secret way to undo one of these? It appears the current galls the setscrew to the wall. Would anti-seize compound be a no-no since conductivity is involved?

Reply to
charles

There should be no current flowing thru the set screw. The set screw is there to push the sleeved copper strands against the inside circumference of the bore. If you do not, or did not use the little sheet copper sleeve to put around the strands before putting the wire in the connector, the set screw will hand up parting, and separating the strands. If you can't get the set screw out of a Tweco connector, I'd lop it off, shit can it, can just get another one - they aren't expensive. I've seen equipment damaged by hot, arching, and high resistance connections, and so for the price of a new connector, it isn't worth it. Anti-seize won't hurt it, but the point being, you don't need it, and if you "think" you do, then something else is wrong in your cabling practices, and I'd look at them first. Good luck.

andshit can it

Reply to
Mr Wizzard