Ubuntu Linux laptop crashes near a certain welding supplier

Ignoramus2817 wrote:

Ubuntu (and, I assume, Linux in general) doesn't always respond as gracefully as Windows does to network problems. I think it's because network access is built into Linux at a much deeper level (and I'm not sure that Ubuntu does the absolute best at setting up Linux to react correctly).
So I'm with the folks that think it's just interference to your wireless broadband (cell phone, I assume) that's messing up your computer.
Have you tried leaving it in that condition and driving away from the place, to see if it'll recover?
Have you considered that it may just be going _really slow_ for all the retries, and given it some space to just be alone for a while?
Have you considered just turning it off before you turn in to the parking lot?
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services