Ubuntu startup

Hello,
I΄m trying to run ProEngineer Wildfire 3.0 090 bin Ubuntu 9.1 and receive this message:

Could anyone help please?
Thanks,
Andre Luiz
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 03/27/10 06:55 AM, AndreLTR wrote:

setenv sets the variables for the shell. It's a function of the shell. I would ask myself, what shell am I running? Is the shell I'm running the default shell? For Linux, the default shell is "bash" (bourne again shell, which is an extended bourne shell), under the binary location /bin/sh. So try starting proe as such:
/bin/sh -exec proe
Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 03/27/10 06:55 AM, AndreLTR wrote:

Also try this command:
/bin/csh -exec proe
The setenv is part of the csh (C shell), which Ubuntu doesn't use by default.
Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–

Thanks, Paul, hopefully this works. What I don't get is why PTCSetup wouldn't have taken care of all this. Is this normal when installing on an Ubuntu system?
David Janes
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 03/28/10 10:28 PM, JANES wrote:

I believe they only certified Proe to run on Red Hat Linux. Also, I'm not running my Proe on Linux. I'm currently using WF5 on Opensolaris, which is very similar to Linux. If you decide to update to a newer version of Proe, just send note and I'll be happy to help.
Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–

Of course, Pro/e 'Certified' means only fully supported (I.e. you have 'gold' support so that any time anyone in your organization calls, they're obliged to come up with something in a given period of time), not that it will help, not that it will be what you need, but that it will show alacrity, "responsiveness". But, in the main, it just means that, for figgerin' it out, you're on your own.
David Janes
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 03/29/10 11:35 PM, JANES wrote:

When I call PTC for support on WF5, they asked which platform, I told them Solaris 10. They recreated the problem. If push came to shove, I would have installed it on Solaris 10. Solaris is known to be downward compatible, Opensolaris included.
But if any of the problems are Opensolaris related, I'm on my own. But I also solved them all myself. It runs better than Solaris 10, especially the window focusing issues on Solaris 10, gone in Opensolaris.
Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 03/28/10 10:28 PM, JANES wrote:

Oh, also one word of caution. Don't have Compiz (3D desktop enhancements) enabled when you install Proe. After you install Proe, if you want it enabled let me know, I'll let you know a little trick to get it working.
Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–
Am 27.03.2010 11:55, schrieb AndreLTR:

just curious: which versions of proe supported Linux? 2001 eventually? Unfortunately, I can't find my CDs...
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 03/29/10 06:06 AM, Walther Mathieu wrote:

WF3 was the latest. Going on PTC download page, it's available for WF2. They don't have WF1 listed and 2001 is just a Unix in general. I don't ever remember it being on 2001, or WF1 for that matter.
Paul
Add pictures here
βœ–