Can we revise the Pro/E document which is only checked in but not yet released?

If someone is checking in one Pro/E document in PDMLink but does not releasing it. The document is in In Work mode only. Then, can we revise that document in PDMLink?

Reply to
Pacific

If someone is checking in one Pro/E document in PDMLink but does not releasing it. The document is in In Work mode only. Then, can we revise that document in PDMLink?

Yes, in general, you (defined by the 'group' you belong to) may additionally check out, modify and checkin a Pro/e document. However, some restrictions may apply. If this is being done as part of a structured releasing process, subordinated to manufacturing (i.e., you're reving from D to E), the initiator of the CR/CN may be the only one to be able to perform checkout/checkin. However, prototype releases are usually set up to be strictly within engineering, have no effect on production, and thus, be free of those restraints. These are generally open for the group to work on serially, i.e., no two people may check out the same part/assembly/drawing at the same time. Some security is in place but it is still, in the absence of communication, very possible to trod on toes. And, moreover, likely! A well-designed PDMLink system will not restrict you. And will not come back to bite you, IF YOU TALK TO EACH OTHER!!! A poorly designed system patronizes and babysits and handholds the engineers (perhaps because they need it!?!)

David Janes

Reply to
Janes