Using a small cylinder in a weld?

I want to build a weld in an angle between 2 thick pieces. Can I use a small cylinder inside? | | | | ---------- ----------| ___ / | / \ || | | \ / | --- ----------|--/ I do not want the weld to come in contact with the upper and left layers, because they are full of carbon.

Can I use this cylinder as a solution? Is there any other better?

Philnik

snipped-for-privacy@vfemail.net

Reply to
philnik

Certainly you can do this, and certainly it will look like a weld. It won't be anywhere near as strong as a 100% fillet weld, though.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin