Joining aluminum to aluminum mesh

Hi,
I'm wondering what the best way to do this is (I'm not a metal
worker). I have a spherical aluminum mesh, 3" in diameter, sliced in
half. I want to join the circular edge of one of these halves to a
piece of aluminum foil. In addition, the resulting merged unit must
be thermally stable, as it will be exposed to (relatively low) heat
when used (ie., no glues or adhesives). The joining itself will not
be under extreme stress or weight in use, so one or 2 joining spots
are enough, enough to keep it tacked in place.
Is there a welding (or other) process that can accomplish this?
Thank you
Reply to
Dimi Shahbaz
In article , Dimi Shahbaz wrote:
Define "foil".
Low amperage pulsed TIG can do this, using a spike pulse.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler
Pop rivets and big washers?
Reply to
Phil
Electro-plate.
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Dimi Shahbaz wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Martin, Please discribe on how you would electroplate? Thanks Steve
Reply to
stevelischynsky
Electroplating is just like other metals. Google it - there is a process.
The other way is more complex but sputter in a rare gas - 'splash Al weld'. Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

snipped-for-privacy@solectr> Martin,
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn