Joining aluminum to aluminum mesh

Hi,

I'm wondering what the best way to do this is (I'm not a metal worker). I have a spherical aluminum mesh, 3" in diameter, sliced in half. I want to join the circular edge of one of these halves to a piece of aluminum foil. In addition, the resulting merged unit must be thermally stable, as it will be exposed to (relatively low) heat when used (ie., no glues or adhesives). The joining itself will not be under extreme stress or weight in use, so one or 2 joining spots are enough, enough to keep it tacked in place.

Is there a welding (or other) process that can accomplish this?

Thank you

Reply to
Dimi Shahbaz

Define "foil".

Low amperage pulsed TIG can do this, using a spike pulse.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Pop rivets and big washers?

Reply to
Phil

Electro-plate.

Mart> Hi,

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Martin, Please discribe on how you would electroplate? Thanks Steve

Reply to
stevelischynsky

Electroplating is just like other metals. Google it - there is a process.

The other way is more complex but sputter in a rare gas - 'splash Al weld'. Martin

Mart> Martin,

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn