veiws of the henrob / dillon torch

I have wondered how good the henrob torches work, they are a bit pricey to buy one to see. On Ebay they are in the $300.00 range. Most of what I cut with my current torch is big rough cuts and at times I would like to cut thinner stuff, I know I can get other tips for my torch but its still big and bulky.

Reply to
wayne mak

Phil

Wayne,

Some years ago we went to a blacksmithing exhibition in Marble Falls, Texas, put on by the local chapter of "ABANA" (Artist Blacksmith Association of North America).

The featured exhibitor was a woman blacksmith who is world famous. I am reluctant to drop her name in a public forum. But she is one of the pre-eminent blacksmiths in America, and possibly, on the planet.

Her favorite torch was - you guessed it - the Henrob. However, for general use, and if I could only have one (and I do own a Henrob) torch, I would probably choose a Meco Aviator Jet. But I have a Victor aviation torch that I like about as much.

The problem with the Henrob torch is that the pistol grip can get > I have wondered how good the henrob torches work, they are a bit pricey to

Reply to
Vernon