Victor Medalist HRF 1400 flowmeter (threading)

I received that Victor Medalist 1400 flowmeter, and it appears to be in good shape. However, it has some sort of a weird thread, maybe

9/16-18 or some such.

Could someone clarify what thread is common on these regulators.

I believe that I have a matching tap and have some brass rod, so I could make an adaptor to 1/4 in pipe thread, but I wanted to check first to see if there is some very simple answer to how to connect this medalist to hose.

Reply to
Ignoramus17335

Standard inert gas connection:

5/8-18

You are using a regular inert gas hose and it doesn't fit?

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Grant, I was using homemade hose. If I can buy something standard, I will be happy. Looks like what I needed to look for was "inert gas hose", as you suggested. Plenty of stuff available. Thanks

Reply to
Ignoramus17335

What about the other end, at the welder? That should also be an inert gas fitting.

You can buy any adapter you need from Western Enterprises. Their catalogs are online.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Grant, thanks. I just bought a complete hose and I think that it will serve me better.

Ignoramus17335