Waste Oil Burning?

Hi all, I have an old wood / Oil furnace here and I was wondering how I might convert the burner for waste oil to heat my shop. Any ideas?

Thanks Bert Newfoundland

Reply to
Bert and Eileen Plank

Don't you guys have any environmental regulations? Down here various government agencies would frown upon using waste oil to heat a shop what with the heavy metals and other nasty stuff that is likely to be in it.

Reply to
Footy

I am not sure what you are reffering as " Down here various

here in the US about 5 or so years ago a local (at the time wisconsin ) motorcycle shop was giving out flyers with every and any purchase bagging customers to bring in their used oil to help off set cost of their new used oil burning furnace.(heating )

Reply to
acrobat-ants

The guy with the muffler/oil change shop in town has converted an old Ashley Airtight to burn waste oil. A small feed pump drips it onto some old brake drums, and it has a blower. There should be good plans on the web. They do work.

Reply to
Paul Calman

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

What I was wondering was how I can convert the oil burner I have to burn waste oil. ie what conversions or adjustments do I have to make.

Bert

Reply to
Bert and Eileen Plank

Reply to
RoyJ

The suggestion already made is probably the cheaper way to go. However, I thought I had heard on shortwave radio about a waste oil burner system as well as bio-diesel equipment / suggestions. Therefore, I typed in wasteoilburner.com and came up with

as the actual url. You might find some interesting reading there as well.

Al

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
Al Patrick

Reply to
Al Patrick

- "Bert and Eileen Plank" - spluttered in news:saL2d.133859$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Try here, might have already been posted:

Greg M