Water Cooler

Hello Was wondering if anybody has built a water cooler or chiller for TIG or MIG welding torch , have been TIG welding for many years , I have used the Bernard type that has a tank and radiator/fan combo to help cool water if the torch load isn't too great , I know that a 300 Amp. like the HW-18 etc. will heat the radiator/fan unit very quickly , I have used city and well water , they cool very good , wastefull of the water and the minerals will clog up the torch , years ago I bought an old dairy cooler from a local farmer , was a self contained unit with compressor / fan on top and coil on the bottom , had thermostat to control temp. , had unit in a frame with an insulated water container and used a standard pump , cooler gave out several years ago and I wondered if some chap out there has built something like the what I mentioned. Thanks Phil

Reply to
Phil

I never did nearly as intense or prolonged welding.

Ignoramus19822