Welder for free/cheap?

I'm trying to get into welding because I'll need to be able to for my next project. Of course, I have zero money. Does anybody have an old but working (or semi-working) welder (preferably a wirefeeder, but a simple stick model will do) that they'd be willing to let go of? I can manage repairs such as replacing the fan, fixing the front panel, etc. Oh, by the way, you'd prob'ly have to be within a hundred miles of 95120 (San Jose, CA).

I know this is a long shot, but it's worth a try...

Thanks.

-- Greg Courville, KG6SGY

"There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Reply to
Greg Courville