Which Plasma cutter to buy?

I'm about to pick up one of these.

I need something that is portable, runs off 230vac 50Hz, and will routinely cut up to 1/4 inch steel and aluminium. I'll have the odd need to cut 3/8. I have an air compressor, so don't need one built-in.

The local choice seems to be between the Lincoln Pro-cut 25 or the Miller Spectrum 375. There are a few other European choices, but they tend to be a bit patchy in supply, so I guess spares and consumables will also be hard to get.

What's the pick between blue and red??

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Barry, I just went through the process a month or so ago. I went with the Miller Spectrum 375 over the Lincoln. Reason. The Miller appeared to be a little more advanced. I really want a Lincoln to go with my Lincoln TIG setup. I just couldn't justify it.

Michelle

Barry Lennox wrote:

Reply to
Michelle P