wow, that's tough!

I've used an auto-darkening helmet since 1998. I left it (secured) at a jobsite and today I had to tack something together. I have an old helmet and tried welding the old way, with the chin wag to drop the helmet. After ten years of no practice, that was nearly impossible! I wound up tacking it together with my eyes shut. They were just teeny MIG tacks, doubt it will do anything bad.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Been there, done that a couple weeks ago. I wound up buying another HF helmet to keep in the other truck.....

Gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"              mariposa rand mair theal

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I still nod with my AD on.

Although I prefer to tack with an AD, I can still do it without a hood. BTW, I shaved my head this evening for a Friday doctor appointment to go get some skin cancers blasted off. One narly looking brown one. Wish I had an autodark sooner ..................

Steve

Reply to
SteveB