Yet another tig technique question

I know with Mig that you can affect the weld characteristics by either pulling (dragging) or pushing the gun. Is this also used in Tig or do you always pull?

James Arnold

I meant "PUSH"...not pull with Tig.

James Arnold

Backhand welding is very difficult with TIG since you would have to somehow deposit the filler behind the arc. You can flow weld in any direction. I don't believe it would effect the arc penetration that much since TIG is a slower process that is more dependant on machine settings and technique.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler