helical cog-wheel

I have a problem with 3D construction method to achieve a helical cog-wheel starting from polyline in 2d. I'm trying to achieve a spiral starting from intersection between cylinder and inclined plane following ellipse achieved. I do extrude command but this command doesn't generate an involute profile.

What must I do?

Sorry for my english.

thanks.

Reply to
GattoCarlo

offset a copy of the 2d ployline in the z axis by the desired distance. then use a reference point on the first ployline and a refrence point (one cog over) and use the "rulesurf"

also ensure that "surftab1" and "surftab2" are set to at least 36

good luck!

Reply to
Adam B