Problem with magnetron sputtering of SiO2

Hello All,
Recently I am trying to produce SiO2 thin film using magnetron sputter
method. I am using the Torus sputter gun from Lesker. Due to other reasons a
reactive sputtering is not possible and one has to use pure noble gas like
Ar, and using pure SiO2 as target and rf power source. The resulting
deposition rate is extremely low (0.05 nm/min), and moreover, the material
of the anode, i.e. the protective cap, seems also to be sputtered and
deposited on the substrate. Does anyone has experience with the magnetron
sputtering of SiO2 or similar oxide? Any suggestion would be helpful.
Luyang Han
Reply to
Luyang Han