best lube for plastic wheels on metal track

i made garage door with 5/8 wood 4x8, screwed large boket door wheels and used the same track for wheels.

i would like to now what would be best for sliding wheel or best lube.

Reply to
captain

I use this style for sliding barn/garage doors. Verrrry nice.

And spray garage door lube (or spray white lithium grease) later in the years.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I second the white lithium spray . Gets into where you need it , carrier drys , no muss no fuss . Works well on semi-auto pistol slides too .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Generally you want the wheels to ROLL, not slide. So you only want to lube the bearings in the wheels. Lubing the track just attracts dirt and makes it difficult for the wheels to turn - so they slide and get flat and difficult to move.

Reply to
clare

That's one thing I like about the spray lithium. The straw goes right up against the bearing/bushing and puts the grease there instead of on the wheel or track.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The OP didn't appear to realize this though - he was asking about greasing the track and "sliding" the wheel. - or at least that's what it sounded like.

Reply to
clare