Ebay left the back door open!

I have had my old Prazi SD300 lathe and accessories at my plant for

6-7 years and decided to just sell it to them. We use it to modify some electronic components, make a tool repair part and various other work from time to time.

I was searching Ebay for recent prices for Prazi lathes and found one old sale. Next I did a Google search and found a lot of entries for the lathe, one being the Ebay item I was just looking at. The Google direct link showed the Ebay bidders as "bidder 1", etc. just as some people have complained about.

However, when I looked at the Google "archived" copy of the same Ebay page, all the bidders came up as they really are. So, Ebay is only putting the "bidder x" on the screen being sent to your computer, and not on the actual file on their computer.

Interesting!

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

Real strangely, I just pulled up an ebay auction and saw all the bidders' ebay handles just like before. In fact I pulled up a few more and they're all like that - maybe they rolled that change back out?

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

The archived Google-crawl copy may have just been snapped earlier when the price level was below the threshold for bidder anonymity.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch