Metal Lathe Accessories

MLA owner Andy Lofquist is working hard on a new kit: a tool and
cutter grinder. It sounds like an interesting design. Most of the
motion is derived from pivots and he's trying to avoid exposed sliding
rails such as those that the Quorn has. Like the Tinker Tool and Cutter
Grinder, Lofquist's design will use a bench grinder for the grinding
wheel.
Some priorities he mentioned on the phone:
1) Drill bits.
2) Lathe tools
3) Endmill ends. Endmill and reamer flutes won't be as important
to include in the basic design.
He's also particularly concerned that instructions and drawings be
absolutely clear. He's made a couple of prototypes and is thinking
about bringing at least some pictures to Cabin Fever. I sure hope that
he will. I really like Andy a whole lot and think his kits are
terrific. He mentioned offhand that he hopes others will also express
interest in a new kit so all you MLA fans out there, please express
interest if you see him at Cabin Fever or just anyway.
If you're new to Andy's kits, surf over to
and have a look.
Charles Morrill (no commercial connection to MLA other than satisfied customer)
Reply to
Charles Morrill