First rough update of my home hobby shop page

I used to have a dog named Bubba. He was the smartest dog I have ever owned. He knew the day before I had to go out of town and would give me attitude.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

Come on up to Taft some weekend, and Ill introduce you to some kittens and you can take your choice.

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Reply to
Gunner

;-) Nice shot of the Dog and Cat. Bet I know why the cat is so close - dog isn't shy!

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Try dropping a pallet jack out of the back of a truck on *both* of your feet. Too heavy to lift, couldn't get feet out, so no opportunity to dance. Fortunately, I could reach a length of

2 inch box tubing, and used that as a pry bar to extricate myself.

By a miracle, no broken bones, but I still have a discolored area on the top of my left foot after 3 months. Note that I was wearing steel *toed* shoes, but the pallet jack landed further back in the laces area. If its frame hadn't caught most of the weight, I'd have had two crushed feet.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Actually all the dogs and cats get along famously. They have all been raised together. Well..one exception. One Eye is an old bitch kitty that showed up, and she really doesnt like dogs much. She tends to hook a claw into poor Sadie for no reason. I think old One Eye is over due for a relocation.

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Reply to
Gunner

But of course, it's worth it, and more, because one little cat changes 'coming home to an empty house' into 'coming home'. :-)

-tih (currently staff to four cats)

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

Gunner is opposed to birth control it seems ..... as well as much of what are now widely widely considered the rights of women (execept by "conservatives" & right-wingers). I gather some in femdom might have a vet in mind for him .

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

But then you would be a "liberal".

Isn't there a "conservative" or "right winger" pledge someplace?

(BTW, Machine guards are a liberal plot to derange right-wingers even more, if that's possible.)

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Somday I WILL show up on your stoop but I might be bringing critters to add to your zoo, or we could exchange for a while - it would be like summer camp for them.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Messy, too, was the time a co-worker got his foot under a large casting that they were turning with a crane. Suffice to say that steel toed shoes will crush, too....

Reply to
Gene Kearns

ROTFL. Definition of a cat: Ball-bearing mousetrap.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Thomas

One helluva hobby shop. I'm jealous!

You wanna talk bout the safety issue of the gaurdless surface grinder- worked in a shop once where one of the shop geniuses made a 12" dia. fan blade from a piece of saw cut 1/8 steel, bent the blades, and mounted it on an old B&S surface grinder. Made a nice breeze in the hot summer months, but it was scary.

Lookin at the toe pic reminded me of an old timer that owned and ran a screw machine shop down the road from me. Always worked in nothin but a pair of white Fruit of the Looms. No shoes- nothin. 3" of steel chips on the floor and walked around barefoot! Said the cutting oil saturated his clothes, shoes, everything, and irritated his skin. Alway had a can of BudWeiser in his hand and a bottle of scotch in the fridge. --

/ Sean the Mc /

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Reply to
What-a-Tool

So a neutered tom has "lost his bearings"

Reply to
clarence

I recall a similar story, only this guy used a bench grinder! When he switched it on, his would-be fan turned out to be an airplane engine in disguise... Luckily it pulled it's own plug before someone was hurt.

Reply to
Jan Nielsen

Yup..seen that more than once on drilling rigs when the floor hand slipped and landed a stand of pipe on his foot. Steel toes just make it harder for the docs to get the remaining bits out of the end of the boot.

Gunner

"rm -rf /bin/laden

Bush = Root"

Reply to
Gunner

I would point out for the record that the history of aircraft owes a tremendous debt to bench grinders with propellers tacked onto the shaft. The wright's original wind tunnel was a guard-less bench grinder with a fan blade in place of the wheels. It was driven by flat leather belt.

Jim

jim rozen

And yet this is no reason not to wear them, as without the accident would be just as bad. One sees that sort of argument advanced against motorcycle helmet use on occasion. "See look, it didn't save *his* life, did it?"

Jim

jim rozen

Speaking of your animals, I saw one of your dogs yesterday. Went by the name of Buckshot and had a machinist named Michael with him. Very nice dog.

Reply to
Jim Stewart