Model Brands Home Page/Links Page

Can anyone provide with links to home pages of famous brands of plastic models?

I only have Tamiya, Revell, and Italeri (although for my personal opinion Italeri could definitely need a MAJOR website redesign).

Thanks,

Chad

Reply to
Chad

James

Here's a handy link for anything scale plastic related:

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Many thanks.

Reply to
Chad

You certainly haven't seen the Airfix site, then. Doesn't seem to have been updated since January, rotten layout and interface design, and afloat with surreal comments on its forums about the site's near future death, it's (lack of) relation to Airfix and Humbrol, etc. That's airfix.co.uk or airfix.com.

Don't bother

I get an error message going there. humbrol.com by itself gives the Apache server default page for new installations.
seems to be in about the same miserable state as Airfix.

What are the latest rumours about Airfix, Heller and Humbrol? Should I be stockpiling Airfix kits by now? It's a shame such a great company can be run in such a terrible manner. Why can't Airfix management get Airfix to thrive and prosper? Apparantly it is possible: Revell and Testors/Italeri seem to do fine. The only difference I can tell is that Revell and Italeri have continously renewed their ranges, whereas Airfix re-releases the same old stuff, only occasionally releasing something new, and when they do it's often outside their traditional realm. Even so, they remain probably the strongest brand, and their 1/72 aircraft range is still unsurpassed in variety. Why don't they exploit their strenghts?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen

Actually, I've seen the site. It's a lot better looking than Italeri. Usually, companies that don't release much products have existing products that never seem to go out of demand. If your classic products are selling like hotcakes why bother moving on when the heat's still on with the old ones? You earn more and save on development. They're just livin it up. Maybe if you boycott their old products they MIGHT move on. ;)

Reply to
Chad