Side panel latches - 1947 SA 200 Welder

I have a 1947 Lincoln SA200 welder with intact original sheet metal including the side panels. I bought it many years ago from the original owner who still had the purchase paperwork! The welder was completely original including the decals, etc. My question is this: How were the side panels latched down? Each side panel has a hole in the lower corner on each side but nothing corresponds to the holes in the welder frame or anywhere else. Maybe somebody out there has a similarly old machine with original sheet metal who can tell me what he thinks the latches looked like.

Reply to
BFR

This might give you a hint

Larry Fisk