Mindstorm NXT ultrasonic sensor

I downloaded the NXT hardware developer kit that was released by Lego today

I'm trying to make this sensor work using NBC. I have the basic functionality working, but am confused by one area of the sensor doc. It says the sensor "will measure distances for up to 8 objects" and store them in corresponding measurement bytes that can be queried. Does anyone know how you can determine whether or not these 8 bytes contain the distance to an object or not?

Joe

Reply to
Frank Jones