Low cost laser range finder with computer interface

Threaded View
I am looking for low cost ($200-$400) laser range finder with computer
interface (RS232, USB etc). None of the low cost range finder I have found
so far has computer interface.Do you know one with RS232 or USB interface?

Re: Low cost laser range finder with computer interface
Nick acrit :

Whay about specifications : range, resolution, Frequency ?

Richard

Re: Low cost laser range finder with computer interface
We use these LRF's for Militay use
http://www.newcon-optik.com/

Re: Low cost laser range finder with computer interface
you can build a parallax type rangefinder with a laser fan (which you
can get at a hardware store for $30) and a usb quickcam.  its effective
range is only a few meters, the accuracy isn't very good, and it burns
a bit of cpu.  however it's dirt cheap to build and would probably work
pretty well for obstacle avoidance or mapping.

chris

Site Timeline