P-47, 9th Air Force

Threaded View
I'm looking for information on a 9th Air Force P-47.  What I know is that i
n belonged to the 36FG 22FS.  It was a D-23RE, serial 42-26041.  It was cod
ed 3T-A and had the name "Doogan" painted on the nose in red letters.  It w
as photographed at A-89 near Beauvechiane, Belgium in December, 1944.  I su
spect,  from the "A" code, it might have been the Squadron COs aircraft.  H
as anyone come across the identity of the pilot or the fate of this aircraf
t?

Re: P-47, 9th Air Force

May I recommend you ask the good folk who hang out at P-47 Heaven?
p47.kitmaker.net

Re: P-47, 9th Air Force

--The pilots name Lt Col Joseph K. Kirkup. He was my grandfather. I may have
some information on him if you would like.

Re: P-47, 9th Air Force
The pilots name is Lt. Col. Joseph Kenneth Kirkup. He is my grandfather. I
have tons of pictures stories and information along with my uncle. He unfor
tunately passed before I was born however I connected with other members of
 his squadron and my uncle and I met with them at some of their reunions. W
hat I formation are you looking for? How did you come across that picture.
I actually have it frames hanging in my house.

Re: P-47, 9th Air Force
 in belonged to the 36FG 22FS.  It was a D-23RE, serial 42-26041.  It was c
oded 3T-A and had the name "Doogan" painted on the nose in red letters.  It
 was photographed at A-89 near Beauvechiane, Belgium in December, 1944.  I
suspect,  from the "A" code, it might have been the Squadron COs aircraft.
 Has anyone come across the identity of the pilot or the fate of this aircr
aft?

Re: P-47, 9th Air Force
 in belonged to the 36FG 22FS.  It was a D-23RE, serial 42-26041.  It was c
oded 3T-A and had the name "Doogan" painted on the nose in red letters.  It
 was photographed at A-89 near Beauvechiane, Belgium in December, 1944.  I
suspect,  from the "A" code, it might have been the Squadron COs aircraft.
 Has anyone come across the identity of the pilot or the fate of this aircr
aft?

Mike i may have information you are looking for. The pilots name is Lt. col
 Joseph Kirkup.

Site Timeline