P-47, 9th Air Force

I'm looking for information on a 9th Air Force P-47. What I know is that i n belonged to the 36FG 22FS. It was a D-23RE, serial 42-26041. It was cod ed 3T-A and had the name "Doogan" painted on the nose in red letters. It w as photographed at A-89 near Beauvechiane, Belgium in December, 1944. I su spect, from the "A" code, it might have been the Squadron COs aircraft. H as anyone come across the identity of the pilot or the fate of this aircraf t?

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 06:19:27 -0800, Mike wrote:

May I recommend you ask the good folk who hang out at P-47 Heaven? p47.kitmaker.net

replying to Mike , kmann23 wrote:

--The pilots name Lt Col Joseph K. Kirkup. He was my grandfather. I may have some information on him if you would like.

The pilots name is Lt. Col. Joseph Kenneth Kirkup. He is my grandfather. I have tons of pictures stories and information along with my uncle. He unfor tunately passed before I was born however I connected with other members of his squadron and my uncle and I met with them at some of their reunions. W hat I formation are you looking for? How did you come across that picture. I actually have it frames hanging in my house.

On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:19:27 AM UTC-5, Mike wrote:

in belonged to the 36FG 22FS. It was a D-23RE, serial 42-26041. It was c oded 3T-A and had the name "Doogan" painted on the nose in red letters. It was photographed at A-89 near Beauvechiane, Belgium in December, 1944. I suspect, from the "A" code, it might have been the Squadron COs aircraft. Has anyone come across the identity of the pilot or the fate of this aircr aft?

On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:19:27 AM UTC-5, Mike wrote:

in belonged to the 36FG 22FS. It was a D-23RE, serial 42-26041. It was c oded 3T-A and had the name "Doogan" painted on the nose in red letters. It was photographed at A-89 near Beauvechiane, Belgium in December, 1944. I suspect, from the "A" code, it might have been the Squadron COs aircraft. Has anyone come across the identity of the pilot or the fate of this aircr aft?

Mike i may have information you are looking for. The pilots name is Lt. col Joseph Kirkup.