Re: Mfgr's - Mini Hobby & Kangnam

I have the Mini-Hobby Type 1:144 XXI U-boat. The material in the kit all has the Trumpeter labeling. The Type XXI kit seems OK, it appears to be almost an exact copy of the Revell Type XXI in 1:144 scale. It is meant for motorization, so there is a big honking access hatch cut in the side, and you get all the waterproof conatiners for motor & batteries, but no motor or electrical hardware. For display purposes, one will have to carefully blend in the large access hatch to the hull.

Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)

Reply to
Ives100

I have the same question about Mini-Hobby. The 1/350th scale Bismarck has a nice price ($40, but I'm awaiting a 50 percent off sale at Hobby Lobby). Is this a decent kit? How does it compare with Tamiya? TIA, Mike

Reply to
Mnm879

You just missed the next 50% off, it ended yesterday. I bought a couple other kits and noting these 2 mfgrs kits there and their pricing is what spawned the Q. Hopefully someone else will have taken the plunge and jump in with an opinion.

Reply to
John DeBoo

What area are you in. I swear HL in Chicago did not have any models on sale last week. I hope I did not miss an opportunity to spend.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Not here.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Hmmm, must have been a local thing for our 3 stores. The newspaper had the usual ad and the flyers in the modelling section were the identical ones they use for all sales. Oh well, I'm stoked to have

3 stores in town.
Reply to
John DeBoo