Thoughts on "new" Kangnam announcement in FSM

I'm not in the know enough to know if any of the 'new' kits in the Kangnam announcement in the latest FSM are their kits, completely newly tooled, but I am sceptical.

The only thing that I am familiar with is the Su25, and it looks a lot like the Zvezda/Italeri version, but it might be the Hobbycraft vers as well.

Is any of this stuff new? or is this a case of old garbage, new box?

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

I have one of their little handouts (Came with my MiniHobbyModels 1/350 King George V) and some of the aircraft kits (i.e. 1/32 F-16XL, 1/72 RA-5C Vigilante) seem to be ex-Hasegawa, while others (Su-25 Frogfoot, Yak-38 Forger) seem to be ex-Hobbycraft Canada, while still others (A-6E Intruder, MiG-31 Foxhound) are of unknown provenance. I have their A-4E/F (ex-Hasegawa) and the aforementioned A-6E and their 1/400 Bismark, and I would probably recommend them to the modeler on a budget. They ain't Tamiya, mind you; but they're pretty good for the money...

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

The few I have seen (32nd scale) all appear to have some Hasegawa and/or ACE origin. Interstingly enough there is an Academy kit that has the Academy stickers placed over the Kangham logo. I suspect Kangham are an off shoot or an affiliate of Academy

Charlie

Reply to
CharlieH

RATS! that's what I thought.. I had high hopes of a newly tooled Su-25.. oh well...

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

IMHO, from the choices listed, I think they're the old Takara / Revell kits released about 15 years ago.

Reply to
famvburg

It's interesting how this hobby has changed with "Globalization". We've gotten a couple of new players in the market who do give us some nice products (Sword, ICM, Roden, etc.) but it has also lead to the free flow of old molds. You now have to be a Sherlock Holmes to be able to keep track of the provenance of some of these "New Releases" to be sure you aren't buying a piece of junk! It adds a certain element of challenge.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey