"New" SCUD?

Finally got my July Squadorn flyer...

Notice it lists a "new" 1/35 SCUD-B kit from DML...is this really a "new" tooled kit?..or is it a re-release or mis-print.

Reply to
Rufus

can a superscud be hacked out of 2?

as far as I know it is the old DML/DRagon kit in the Shanghai Dragon box with associated lower price. The Eduard etched sets ARE new and WOW! what a difference 10yrs of etching technology makes! Check them out over at

Search for Scud, you can see images of the frets, the unpainted pieces attached to the kit, and download the PDF instruction sheets.

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

If you are thinking of the Al-Hussein missile then the answer is YES - that's how the Iraqis made them in the first place. Try a Google search for Al Hussein and SCUD - should come up with some good photos.

Treadhead

"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination. Do not become the slave of your model" - Vincent Van Gogh Howard Freeman IPMS(UK) 9169 snipped-for-privacy@afvs.co.uk

treadhead

In a somewhat related note.....the same Squadron flyer shows a new 1/35 Trumpeter "Chinese DF 21 Ballistic Missile Launcher".

Anyone have the poop on this kit....?

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Carroll

The folks over at Missing Links modern discussion group looked it over.

Bottom line seems to be, It's big, it's relatively well detailed, but dealing with the seams on the tube and saving the surrounding detail will be challenging. Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

Yes - I saw the new Eduard sets and bought them the next day. I have the DML kit and the old Eduard etch sets, but when I saw the new ones I had to get the kit off the shelf and ready to build.

Just got to finish two outstanding projects first...

Reply to
Rufus

I had seen the new sets on the Eduard site, and snagged them from VLS when they came in. I went to put them into the box and found both of the old sets there.

I offered them up for sale and felt a little badly about selling both old sets for $25, I even sent the guy $5 back with them with an offer to refund the rest of his cash if he wasn't satisfied and returned the sets.

There simply is NO comparison.

I have NO idea what you're taking about... I finally got a few more of the old BMP 3 pieces onto/into the SKif kit last night, in preparation for using the 2x new sets, AEF interior and modelpoint barrels, smoke launchers and antennae.

Now if someone will just do a set of aftermarket tracks.... I am NOT going to scratchbuild a full set of tracks like Zaloga did..

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC

Ahhh...it's YOUR fault...I remember that transaction. I went to the Eduard site after your post, and then got the new sets on order. Was in the same boat as you - I still have the two old sets...the new ones ROCK!

Reply to
Rufus