About Resistance Butt Welding Machine.

Hello everyone.

I'm from Turkey and studying Mechanical Enginner.My proffesor gave me a pro ject.If i design that machine i can finish my university :).This machine is Resistance Butt Welding Machine.In my city one company has that machine.An d my proffesor want me design it.I visited the company 4-5 times.But nobody couldn't help me.I called the producer of that machine and also they didn' t answer me.I took some pictures of this machine.If anybody have any idea i f you share with me i'll happy.Here is link for pictures of machine.

Thank You.I'm waiting for your messages.

Reply to
yazanselman

I'm from Turkey and studying Mechanical Enginner.My proffesor gave me a project.If i design that machine i can finish my university :).This machine is Resistance Butt Welding Machine.In my city one company has that machine.And my proffesor want me design it.I visited the company

4-5 times.But nobody couldn't help me.I called the producer of that machine and also they didn't answer me.I took some pictures of this machine.If anybody have any idea if you share with me i'll happy.Here is link for pictures of machine.

Thank You.I'm waiting for your messages.

======================= Look into bandsaw blade welders. jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

This machine is a Resistance Butt Welding Machine. In my city one company has that machine. And my professor wants me design it.

I visited the company 4-5 times. But nobody could help me. I called the producer of that machine and also they didn't answer me.

I took some pictures of this machine. If anyone can help me, I'll happy. Here is link for pictures of machine.

Did the company you visited weld any butt joints so you could see it operate? Could you make any measurements, voltage, current? What is the area of information that you lack. Producing the current required? Knowing how much and when to apply pressure? Cooling? Hydraulics? Here are some links to get you thinking.

Great video pointing out 8 parameters.

Great Manual here, lots of info.

Some manufacturers,

Mikek