Garage door update....

Well, I found something wrong, I had two sets of number 2 hinges. I replaced one with number 3 hinges and re wound everything. Door went up a little stiff, maybe I over wound the spring, I don=92t know. (My shed has no light so it is very dark with the door closed. It has no windows either.) It went all the way up though without birdnesting. I could stop the door anywhere on the track and it would stay there. Lowered door and released a turn or so on the tension on the spring. Put door up and left side spool birdnested, right side stayed on, even all the way up and down with the door.

I guess I am slowly making improvements. Where do I go from here? Do I try to level the torsion tube?

Reply to
stryped