Henrob torch

I have a guy who wants to trade me some car parts for a Henrob "pistol" torch. I have never used one, I barely use my gas rig at all. the trade would equal about $300.00 and it's just the torch handle, a standoff guide and two tips. Is it worth it? I have no knowledge of the unit at all. I'm sure I could find use for is someday I just don't want to get screwed.

Thanks,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

Excellent torch, but the complete kit--torch, case, five tips, sheet metal and plate cutting attachments, cutting tip, guide wheels, heat shield for your hand, and some minor accessories is available online for $359, if you don't go to Amazon.

Owen Davies

Reply to
Owen Davies

Thanks,

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

Just like Randy says, there are people who really like 'em. I have one that I've never used. I know some blacksmiths who use 'em a lot.

There are people who claim that it's a viable alternative to TIG for precision work.

What's for sure is they're very thrifty on gas.

But if I could have only one torch the Henrob would not be the one. It would probably be a MECO Aviator Jet.

Vernon

Reply to
Vernon

I like mine but 300 is a little steep since a new one is only 75$ more with cutting attachments, tips and videos.

Nice to have but the angle is a little off if you are used to a different torch.

Reply to
NotHome

You can do some pretty work with one but I still don't get the complete tig look on aluminum (flatter due to more heat input and slower freeze). Then again that is purely cosmetic and could be approximated with more careful torch control. It is nice being able to do 1/4 Al and not worry about having enough power. On ferrous materials, the end result is just as pretty and supposedly on par strength wise with tig.

Reply to
NotHome

I recently sold a complete kit with all the tips here on this newsgroup for $200, and I paid the shipping, so this sounds a little high to me...

Reply to
Emmo

Read closely, the guy is offering $300 worth of parts for the torch, Rob has it....

Reply to
Clif Holland

No, not how is goes- The total value of the parts he wants total to just about $300.00 He has the torch handle, a standoff-guide and two tips. nothing else... I think I'm going to pass on the deal, I don't need it and the opinions expressed here helped me decide not to get it. It's something my Victor will already do and that's the tool I know how to use. I figured some of the older ones may be worth more- learned that's not so, I'd come up short since I found new and complete kits for less than $325.00 like everyone pointed out. So it is the same torch for sure. I'd rather him E-bay it and pay me cash. I usually like the Barter system but I needed help on deciding if this was a good trade, and thanks to all of you who gave me feedback avoiding it. It may indeed be a great torch but I really don't need it and cash fits in my toolbox just as well... (Gotta save some $$ for the new bigger CNC anyhow. Looks like I'll add that cash to the fund)

Thanks guys!

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

See where I got lost ......"wants to trade me some car parts"....

Reply to
Clif Holland