90" Extra

Hi All

Just trying to track down a plan for an extra around 90".

I have a G62 to power it.

does anybody have any ideas where to get a set of plans?

kind regards Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

A friend flew the basic pattern in IMAC competition with a Miles Reed Extra 260 with a G62 last year. He had a couple 2nd, 3rd place finishes. Not bad for his first year competing.

It has a 90+" one piece wing/optional 2 piece wing. All balsa/lite ply construction including the cowl, only foam is the sheeted vertical and horizontal stabalizers.

The ready to fly weight less fuel was something like 20 lbs 15 ounces.

He emailed Miles a couple times, I think Miles said one of his only weighs something like 19 lbs with a G62 ready to fly.

I'm sure someone here on the newsgroup has Mile's email/web address if your interested. He sells the plans, canopies, half kits, full kits, or just the foam for the vert/horiz stabs.

Reply to
emcook

Dunno 'bout plans, but I've got a NIB 33% (96") Ace Extra 230 I won't ever likely build. Uses U-Sheet-Um foam wings and built-up fuse.

Trundles along nicely behind a G-62, since it was designed for a Q-42.

The Ace Extras were originally made by R/C Extras - same kit.

I'm in Atlanta, if yer interested. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Hi all

thanks for the replies, and thanks for the offer Fred, however, its a hell of a drive to pick it up from Sydney, Australia ;-)

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Ah. Yes I 'spose it would be.

Couldn't tell where you are from the header (hotmail, and all).

OTOH if you go walkabout I might still have the thing . . .

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

How much you asking for the kit ? and could it be shipped to Iowa ? (Osceola has a greyhound terminal) email me back channel, I tried yours but guess I wasnt doing something right.

Reply to
TDShannon