Advice on a 2.4 GHz radio

I have the Futaba 6EX FASST SS radio. It's indeed a entry level computer radio. Switches aren't assignable and there's only one switch for all the DRs and EXPOs. The 6 channel receiver may not be compatible with the high-end modules Futaba has been promising. However, the link has been solid out to limits of visibility on a 25-size model.

I also have an Eclipse 7 with Spectra module. It's a helluvva lot more radio. XPS already sells a 2.4 GHz module for it and the Optic. One of these days Hitec will have a module out too. I'm waiting.....

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

The truth is you don't KNOW what caused the crash. It's just convenient to blame interference. Happens all the time.

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

I have both 2.4 and 72 band. I see no difference in them as far as the link goes.

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

If you look at the threads on RCU and RCG about actual flight performance of the Futaba SS gear, you'll see that the Europeans report much less interference on 2.4 GHz SS than on 35 MHz band. I suppose 35 is a very cluttered band over there.

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson