Affordable Foam Cutter ???

Just bumped into a site that sells computerized foam cutter in ~1000$.

Did anybody had some more info on this?

Shoreshim

Reply to
shorashim

That's not bad for a turnkey system. If you are a little mechanically inclined and have some basic shop tools, you can build one for less than half that price. Go to

and look up CNCFoamcutters and decoupecnc.

I just finished building my second one and I am into it for well under $500.00. I can cut cores up to 48" span and 20"+ chord.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

if you have a good strong car battery charger you can almost build a cutter from bits and bobs (off cuts) I have used mig welding wire for the cutter and it will work well but the stainless steel is better. good luck with your project

regards pete

Reply to
biggles