Babcock Transmitter??

To all: I've recently un-earthed a Babcock RC Transmitter. It's
model BCT-2. Can anyone link me to a website that might have
information on this unit? Search engines don't have any info on it
that I can find. Also, I don't think I'll have much use for it. Can
anyone point me to a collector that might be interested in the unit?
I also have a receiver for it - a BCB3. It's all been in storage and
in good shape.
Reply to
Your Friend Bill Everhart
"Your Friend Bill Everhart" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Reply to
Red Scholefield
How much do you want for it?
Dan Thompson (AMA 32873, EAA 60974, WB4GUK, GROL) remove POST in address for email
Reply to
Dan Thompson
I have a manual that covers the early tube transmitters and receivers plus all the mechanics for moving the surfaces. I will check and let you know if I find it. I also have a very early '50s book on engines. Mostly design and functio. Some photos of early engines with their specs.
jim 363582
Your Friend Bill Everhart wrote:
Reply to
jim breeyear
Don't have any idea. I hardly know anything about it. I have received this information though which I thought was pretty interesting and cool.
--------------
It's the original all hard tube set with the closed relay. This was the first really reliable single channel commercial TX/Receiver combo in general distribution. It's heavy and requires a low voltage source for the tube filament's, a high voltage source for the plates and a small battery to bias the tubes to cut-off.
I do not know if batteries required this receiver are still available.
I think the transmitter used a length of music wire for an antenna.
Installation of this receiver is tricky. It was suspended by rubber bands in the cabin for vibration isolation AND because of susceptibility to electrical noise all the metal parts of the model must be grounded to a bare wire bus which is attached to the systems electrical ground.
------------------
If anyone would like a picture Email me at snipped-for-privacy@budweiser.com
Regards
Reply to
Your Friend Bill Everhart
I would recommend putting it on eBay. There it will bring a fair and best price.
Dan Thompson (AMA 32873, EAA 60974, WB4GUK, GROL) remove POST in address for email
Reply to
Dan Thompson
I had this 27 mhz outfit years in the 60's. Single channel, tone operated, receiver had two tubes and a sealed relay, intended to operate a rubber band powered escapement. Receiver required a 1.5volt battery for the filaments and one 15 volt (?) battery for plate voltage. ( receiver and batteries weighed about 1 pound). Receiver was hung with rubberbands to isolate it from engine vibrations. Transmitter required two 1.5 volt ( parallel) batteries for filaments and two 67.5 volt batteries in series for 135 volts for plate voltage. There was a white glass connector that plugged into the receiver from the batteries and escapemnent. These old systems don't sell for much, maybe $30 on Ebay.
Gary Gullikson, Garden Grove, CA
"Your Friend Bill Everhart" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Reply to
garyg