bit OT but are NH batteries the same as NiMh ??

as header I have a shaver that has NH on the battery is this the same as a NiHm battery, as the spare is £14 if you can get one for the sake of one AA cell

Reply to
Mr Fixit

Almost certainly. The worst that can happen if it's wrong is that it explodes showering you with hot caustic electrolyte. Though this is vanishingly unlikely.

Does it give a capacity? If so, and it's >900mAh, it's NiMH

Reply to
Ian Stirling

| Does it give a capacity? | If so, and it's >900mAh, it's NiMH

Actually, I've seen AA NiCd cells rated at up to and including 1100 mAh. AA NiMH cells I've seen rated at 1200 mAh (a while ago) and going up to 2600 mAh or so.

In any event, most things like this have NiCd cells. But NiMH cells will probably work fine as a drop-in replacement.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

At least if it's an AA cell the quantity of hot caustic electrolyte will be rather limited.

I suppose the effect might depend on which part of his anatomy the OP is shaving at the time. ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Even small amounts of hot caustics can be almost instantly blinding.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Why?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Because I thought NiCd were not available in capacities over that - however, capacities have advanced a bit, and the white heat of technology has brought us 1100mAh cells that are NiCd. So, >1100mAh, probably NiMH.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

as can a fist full of lotion. :)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Not funny unfortunately, caustic soda splashes on the eye, along with a few other liquids can cause permenant eye damage, without enough time to wash it off before the eye is damaged beyond repair.

Reply to
Ian Stirling