CAP 232 3D question

Where the plane performs the best.

How the heck can we give you an answer with only part of the information? What kit is it? What size? Etc.

GENERALLY, most planes work best with the CG somewhere between 25-35% back from the leading edge (or MAC)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Just bought one of these off Ebay and need to know where the C of G should be?

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

As Paul said in an earlier post , we would really need some more information , but , you can figure it yourself. The Cap 232 CG should be 25-30% of MAC. 35% is a bit much for the Cap. You can figure the wing area and then take 25-30% of that, or , if you would like I can send you a little sketch to show how to locate the MAC (Mean aerodynamic chord) and you simply measure back 25-30%. I would recommend about 25% to start.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

yeah, the guy buys an unnamed cap off ebay and he is supposed to understand things like MAC?

Reply to
PaulBK58

Why not? Better he learn it now if he is going to buy used planes with no documentation. It is a very simple concept and there are dozens of web sites that explain it.

Like here:

Or here:

Paul McIntosh

Sorry! It's a FLAIR CAP 232 3D 43 inch wingspan

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

The main reason I'm reluctant to post on here. Try to help someone and a smart a** like you shows up to criticize.

First of all , buying a plane from EBay doesn't make you a newbie or ignorant of aircraft terminolgy , and, even if the man doesn't know what 'MAC' is , I offered to send him a sketch (very simple)...and then he WILL know what it is and how to find it on any wing in the future. Apparently you haven't been around this group very long, or.... have lost sight of what this group is about.....helping and encouraging one another, and just good ole "BS'ing at times.. If you need to know how to locate the MAC , I'll gladly send you a sketch also,

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

Wow a positive response at last!! I've been flying RC planes for quite a while and this one is for my son. I was hoping that some kind soul had the same plane and could give me a rough estimate of where the CofG would be. i.e. 2 or 3 inches from the leading edge. OK so we bought it off Ebay - he 'totalled' his beloved Flair P51 - so this is a stop gap until he gets some more cash. At least it keeps him flying!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Sorry forgot to ask, can you send me the sketch? snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com many thnaks.

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Sorry I upset some folks! I thought that NG's were there to help people?? Maybe I should stop asking for help?

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Todd, I've asked a lot of 'stupid questions' before and generally got some good rseponse. Maybe 'the world ' is in a bad mood??

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I'll gladly send you a sketch.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

Hi, I have a Flair Cap 232 3D.

It's made by China Model Production and its CG shoul be between 75 an

85 mm from the leading eadge. That is what is written on the manual. B

-- felix7

this thread:

felix72

Many many thanks for that!