Contest Balsa

Who supplies the best contest balsa from a quality and price perspective?

Reply to
Paul Sutphen

Either Superior Balsa or Lone Star. I would pick either of those for quality and consistency. There isn't much difference in price.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Hi paul, I hate to disagree with Mr. McIntosh but I have been using SIG contest balsa for the last five years and I'm very pleased with the quality and the price of their balsa. I have tried superior and IMHO it is NOT superior. I live locally to them and I still buy my Balsa from SIG even though I pay for the shipping.

Hope this helps. Richard D.

Former Airline Mechanic Credo:

We the will> Who supplies the best contest balsa from a quality and price perspective? >

Reply to
Richard D.

I think you will find that MANY kit makers and cutters use Superior Balsa. I have never received a bad piece from them in over 15 years of designing RC planes.

I am cureous as to what you have received from them that gave you your opinion.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh