Chuck Jones

From: Red Scholefield To: snipped-for-privacy@lee-rubber.com Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 7:51 PM Subject: Rubber band sizes

How are the size designated numbers arrived at? There does not seem to be any real correlation to the actual size. A bunch of us in the modeling community were wondering.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Now, Red-

Don't discourage him from learning all he can about rubbers. The world may be a better place for it. Don't you wish his father had?

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Putting words into peoples mouths again? When did I ever say I had "decoded the numbering system"? Oh! That's right! His great almighty Dip Shit, Red has decided that I did! So it must be so!

Tell us Red! Is being a dumb shit something that comes naturally to you? Or did your parents have to teach you?

Reply to
Chuck Jones

I must say, this place is just oozing with wit!

And my father did use them Able! Otherwise you would have had more siblings!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Reply to
Red Scholefield

If you had any C*R*E*D*I*B*I*L*I*T*Y on this forum one might be worried over your condemnations of people on this group!

The "dumb shit" manages to do a semi-monthly column for a model magazine, maintain an information web site for modelers, act as a moderator on technical forums dedicated to modeling, maintains AMA District V e-mail group, serves as Safety Coordinator for AMA District V, participate at model meets, active in local club, etc.

As opposed to being a constant irritant on a modeling forum with ZERO verifiable contribution to the hobby here or anywhere else

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

So why in the world you do you keep dignifying his posts by replying to them?

It takes two to tango, and from here, it looks like he's keeping you dancing. Just put him on "ignore."

Reply to
St. John Smythe

Exactly! Makes one wonder what Red is hiding?

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Now that's a stretch (pun intended)! Going from "suggest there is a relationship" to "decoding the numbering system"!

Are you so blind with fear that you'll say anything? Or are you so full of it that you'll say anything?

Reply to
Chuck Jones

One thing about numbered thread (screw) sizes and drill sizes is that they get larger in diameter as the number increases. AFAIK, with most of other american number-based diameter/thickness systems (wire gages etc.) it is the other way around.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasevich

True for screw sizes, but I think you will find that ANSI drill sizes get smaller as the number gets smaller, A #60 drill is .0390 while a #1 is

0.228. See
for handy drill chart.

You are right however on the wire gages.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Yes, you are right. I had a false memory of reading somewhere that the number that designates the diameter of the thread, also doubles as a size of the drill that should be used for a tap hole. This is, of course, not the case.

-- Best regards, Andrey Tarasevich

Reply to
Andrey Tarasevich