Convert to bi-plane?

I have a GP Supersportster 40 and an extra set of wings. Would it be possible to add the extra set of wings and make a bi-plane out of it? I am not positive I would have working ailerons on the extra set, but would it work? I am asking because I found a sportster bi-plane kit on Ebay that looks like the Supersportster with 2 sets of wings. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Dean

You can, but the modifications are going to be a little more than just hanging the top wing on. The Sportster bipe 40 had a much thinner airfoil, 45 1/2" wingspan (10" less), and 716 sq inches of wing. You should clip your wings a little, or enlarge the elevator proportionately. The stock wings will have over 1100 square inches, and with the thicker airfoil, your glide is going to be like a warbird. And with all that extra drag you should be looking at a 60 size power plant, or at least a 90 4 stroke. But it can be done.

Reply to
John Alt