Covering with Silkspan-Responses

Thank You to all who did or may reply to my inquiry. There are several good ideas, a new website/forum to read, and ideas from the answers to check out. I may try a small part of the wing as an experiment to see how the long term efffects seem to do-- like covering the leading edge back to the first spar in the center panel, only a few square inches, and letting it sit for a while and see how brittle it may get. The wings were complete except for covering in October so a few more weeks or a month will not hurt. A lot of the delay has been trying to decide on the next step. The structure is too thin and light for balsa, as in a "D" tube, (did not plan far enough ahead, not practical to go back and redo) but I want to keep the leading edge very even. The ribs are only an inch and a half apart but an experimental covering with saran wrap showed a lot of pulling down in that first little bit at the front of the wing. Then there is the need for color of the finish to change dramatically along the thin line of the leading edge spar- gray bottom, green top. Easy with spray paint, how to keep that color line straight with plastic film that pulls too hard when heated? Silkspan on similar thin structures never gave me any trouble. I read this forum almost every day, sorry that to avoid spam it is not possible to post so that anyone can reply directly. I continue to appreciate any and all additional replies.

Reply to
Charlie