Cox throtle kit for TeeDee .051?

Anyone know if Cox ever made a throttle kit for the TeeDee engine series? It's been a few decades, but I seem to recall a throttling sleeve that actually mounted around the cylinder (you removed the cylinder and fitted the throttle sleeve over it). A pushrod link rotated the sleeve which had ports cut into it like those in the cylinder head. A primitive device to be sure.

I'm assembling a vintage 70's RC kit and thought I'd like to put an .051 in it. The plans are for rudder/elevator only, but I figure with today's radios, why not add a throttle as well?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
James McGowan

Cox made a Tee Dee .050 with a throttle carb briefly just before they sold out to Estes. It also had a muffler. Tarno (in Canada) made an aftermarket carb as well. Unfortunately, neither sold all that well and are no longer made. An exhaust sleeve can be purchased which can be made to work reasonably well, but I can't recall who sells it.

These sometimes show up on Ebay.

Jim - AMA 501383 (remove NOSPAM to reply)

James McGowan wrote:

Reply to
James D Jones