Kit Ever Made?

I had 1:1 '67 Dodge Monaco and '77 Toyota Celica. Ever any kits made of those? Thanks.

TF

Reply to
TForward

I own a 77 Celica, a RA28 GT

Aoshimma do one, kerbsite, i have a few, some kit as cusomt kits, with extra wide arches and body kit but main spu is the same.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

"JULIAN HALES" wrote in news:iI%qd.52247$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Mine was orange ST 2-dr, no hatchback. Had some fun in that car, didn't take care of it though. Anyway, though it would be cool to have a little one. Thanks, Julian.

Reply to
TForward

would that be a RA/TA 22/23?

I think i have one of those, a racing version option, not sure who by. I have a 79 ST TA40, pig ugly green

Reply to
JULIAN HALES
67 Monaco was probably made by AMT as an annual. Original would probably run $100 or you may be able to find a built up for less.

ERTL re-issued one in the last decade. Not sure which year the model was but it should be change-able. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

The Celica shouldn't be real difficult to track down, although IIRC, at least one is an odd size, like 1/20 scale. I know I've seen it in one or more of the Japanese lines. I'd look for both Tamiya and Fujimi.

The Dodge might be more of a problem. I know Johan made a '66, but I'm not sure about a '67. *If* it exists, it will no doubt be obscenely expensive (like $250 for a buildable kit). You've got a better chance of finding a promo - somewhere in the $75 neighborhood.

-- C.R. Krieger (Feeling intolerant today)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

The '67 Monaco was done in resin by All American Models but it's OOP now. 'Fraid I know zilch about Japanese cars.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

The '66 was done by MPC and was then altered into the "Magnum 500" so it won't be back.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Er, no. No '67 Dodge except the Charger was made until R-M made a Coronet a few years back. The Monaco was completely missed. Odd considering that JoHan had both the Chrysler and Plymouth Fury out that year.

it should be change-able.

Not sure what it was you saw unless it was the '70s Monaco sedan, a B-body car.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

In the UK a ST came with 1.6 engine single cam, GT was TC, your 2.2 engine was really low on horses even as a GT.

I think i have this kit upstairs, and its kurbside so engine doesnt matter.

I know the lift back kits have more than one option for mirrors and will check this one later

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Nope! JoHan made no Dodges at all after 1964, as MPC won the deal to do Dodge promotional models (from which nearly all 1960's "annual series" car kits were derived). MPC made Monaco's in 1965, 1966, and later on, a '77 Monaco 4dr sedan.

You must be confusing the JoHan '67 Chrysler New Yorker with the '67 Monaco. In real life, they were virtually the same car, down to most of the wrinkles in the sheet metal, just the front and rear clips (along with the interior and scripts) were changed to create the Monaco. No kits of the '67 Monaco were done though.

Reply to
Andrsn1