decal application

I am building my second electric, (GWS PT-17). Could someone out ther

tell me the best way to apply the adhesive decals that come with thes kits. I am a very experienced plastic model builder and I am familia with conventional film decals but I would like to know how to set th adhesives so there are no air bubbles

-- modelmaster200

----------------------------------------------------------------------- modelmaster2001's Profile:

this thread:

modelmaster2001

Try this, not that I have done it with your materials, but I have done it with other adhesive based trim material Place the decal in a bath of soapy water. Wipe the surface of the plane with the same soapy water. Place the decal where you want it and adjust it to exact spot, then hold in position with a finger while you squeegee the liquid from beneath it. Move finger and squeegee the remainder of the decal. Let it dry overnight.

Do an experimental version first!

Reply to
Brian Morris

I think he knows that but wants to do a really good job of it. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

That's right, but the soapy water eases accurate (re)positioning as well as making it easier to eliminate air bubbles.

Reply to
Noah Little