Dope thinner = isopropyl alcohol?

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:21:47 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I understand the desire to save money, however, as this thread seems to have proved...there are many opinions and levels of expertise. Knowing how fussy different products are in their use or combination with other products, it seems more than prudent to stick with one manufacturer's product line. Follow directions to the letter (including safety recommendations). Trying to save a buck often ends up in ruining hours of hard work on a model! Modelers by nature tend to be inquisitive, inventive, and resourceful. These are great qualities, but they get us into trouble all the time! Unless you are an Organic chemist, stick with manufacturers recommendations and take the financial hit on the chin. By the way, a Guillows kit is a small one, and so doesn't require much material (dope in this case) whatsoever! Why sweat the cost of known dope finishing systems (use their whole line of products for heavens sake). Don't mix, and you shouldn't need to wonder.:)

Reply to
ebhanso