Double Medal of Honor awardee on War and Intervention

Maj. General Smedley Butler, United States Marine Corps.

Whatever your politics, I encourage you to read and consider General Butler's thoughts on conflict, which at the minimum signals your acknowledgement and appreciation for his and his men's sacrifices. Idealy, we should take into perspective what General Butler has said and written, when many of us vote on Tuesday. The son of a Congressman, he was one of two U.S. Marines in history to earn the Medal of Honor, twice.

Excerpt of speech:

Full text of his classic book:

sharpest101

My kind of politician. Kerry, bend over. Go Smedley!

Reply to
Abel Pranger