Courage and Honor

"Jerry, you know better than most that no good deed goes unpunished. They hate you for taking the stand they reject, because that stand is based on a principle that undermines their very reason for being

you have done nothing but tirelessly render a sane and consistent treatment of the subject and while many silent judges have seen merit, you endure the scorn of those hypocrits who strut their pretense of advocacy while urging us down a path of self-emasculation

the fact is that Jerry Irvine is a hero, and the world has never had a shortage of people whose self-interest supersedes all other concerns

heroes just get in the way"

- iz

"Show courage and not just on the battlefield. Persue the possibilities others tell you do not exist. This advise comes with a warning. If you challenge established ways of thinking you will face opposition. Believe me I know, I have lived in Washington for the past 4 years The opponents of change are many and its champions are few. But the champions of change are the ones that make history. Be champions, and you will make America safer for your children and your grandchildren and you will add to the character of our nation."

- President George W. Bush, President of the United States of America 5-27-05 Naval Academy Graduation

"I actually commend Jerry for donating so much to the rocketry fund and I challange anyone to match that."

- Mike

"These trolls "ruin it for everyone", take pleasure in it, then as bullys always do, blame it on the victim."

- Jerry Irvine

Or the leader.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Is this going to be a quote thread? Cool!

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see it in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!"

- Aragorn, Black Gate of Mordor, "The Return of the King"

Bill Sullivan

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike, as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?" -- Vir

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

So Jerry, do you think old GW could help you out a little bit. Maybe another visit from the FEDs would give you some piece of mind. I'm sure GW would be tickled pink with your lack of response at reducing the national debt. (:-)

Fred

Jerry Irv>

Reply to
WallaceF

In article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jerry Irvine at snipped-for-privacy@gte.net wrote on 5/27/05 8:52 AM:

"We want to emphasize that the 2250 is NOT a model rocket. It's (sic) launch weight, propellant weight and total impulse go beyond the definable limits of model rocketry. FAA clearence (sic) for launch is required."

- Larry Brown

Reply to
Gary C. Rosenfield

GREAT MAKER!

Randy

<randyolb

"There comes a time when you look into the mirror and realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. Then you accept it, or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking into mirrors." -- Londo Mollari

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Indeed.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, Or close the wall up with our English dead! In peace there's nothing so becomes a man As modest stillness and humility; But when the blast of war blows in our ears, Then imitate the action of the tiger: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood."

Shakespeare, Henry V.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

That is a good quote (properly mispelled) but please do the one we all love.

"you can look".

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"What me worry?" Alfred. E. Newman

Reply to
Reece Talley

"I don't know with which weapons World War 3 will be fought. I do know that World War 4 will be fought with sticks and rocks."

Einstein

Reply to
NaCl

"If Your children ever find out how lame You really are, they'll murder You in Your sleep"

Frank Zappa

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

'In a insane world the sane man must appear to be insane'

Zappa quoting Star Trek

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

You forgot these -

Reply to
Phil Stein

Isn't HE dead? Hmmm.....

Randy

<randyolb

"Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing I ever heard.... you keep on talking!" - Hank Hill

Reply to
Anonymous

Arthur: "It's times like this, I wish I'd listened to what my mother use to tell me." Ford: " What did she use to tell you?" Arthur;" I don't know, I never listened." Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level II

Reece Talley wrote:

Reply to
Christopher Brian Deem

"I got fined $40,000 for shipping HAZMAT stuff as 'Model Airplane Parts', but guess what? I've got great news!"

"What?"

"I just saved a bundle on my car insurance by switching to GEICO!"

Reply to
Vince

Here's a few good quotes:

"With respect to Plaintiffs claim for breach of contract, the jury found that defendant Jerry Irvine breached a contract with each of the Plaintiffs..." --- Honorable Burt Henson, Judge of the Superior Court

"With respect to Plaintiffs claim for conversion, the jury found that Jerry Irvine interfered with the money and profits of Powertech as to each of the Plaintiffs; that a portion and share of the money and profits of Powertech interfered with by defendant Jerry Irvine, was a portion and share which was owned, due or should have been fairly distributed to each of the Plaintiffs; that defendant Jerry Irvine took the money and profits of Powertech exclusively for himself without sharing it with his partners, and without sharing it each of the Plaintiffs..." -- Honorable Burt Henson, Judge of the Superior Court

"With respect to Plaintiffs claim for fraud and deceit, it was stipulated and agreed that as to each of the Plaintiffs, that cause of action would proceed on the basis of false promise as opposed to misrepresentation, and the jury found that defendant Jerry Irvine made a promise as to a material matter to each of the Plaintiffs; that at the time that defendant Jerry Irvine made the promise, that Defendant Jerry Irvine did not intend to perform it as to each of the Plaintiffs; that the Defendant made the promise with an intent to defraud each of the Plaintiffs..." -- Honorable Burt Henson, Judge of the Superior

Reply to
raydunakin

Yes, ten years ago, this month.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

This was fun...then it turned into a "beat the shit out of Jerry" thread. Damn guys, sometimes it's like a bunch of "Tommy One notes" around here. Can't we at least be clever and talk about something new?

Reply to
Reece Talley