DuBro prop balancer - any good?

I saw a DuBro prop balancer in a hobby store today. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? It cost about $30, and was the only one they had.

Reply to
Ook

Ook,

Tower hobbies has three prop balancers. TopFlite is cheaper and is VERY GOOD. $19.99 DuBro is $24.99 Great Planes fingertip balancer is $4.29 (fair)

Personally, I use the TopFlite balancer and I would recommend it to anyone.

Reply to
Earl Scherzinger

A lot depends on your budget. I have a prop balancer I made at home and a Great Planes "Finger Tip" balancer I keep in my flight box. They both work well for the sport flying I do.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

If you expect to use large props the Dubro is great. I needed to balance a 20" prop and the Dubro worked great. My prop shaft was 12mm (almost 1/2") and the other balancers wouldn't work. I reccomend it.

Regards,

Art

Reply to
Art Horne

Dubro is a good balancer. As long as it is not the magnetic one

-- hyper

----------------------------------------------------------------------- hyper7's Profile:

this thread:

hyper7

"Art Horne" wrote

Very true, because the Top Flite "suspends" the balancer rod and cones with magnetic power. The larger props push that attraction to the limit, and might not keep it suspended.

The Dubro can be set up to suspend the prop off to the side of the mounts, and then can let the prop have the room to swing over the table edge.

Reply to
Morgans

The Top Flite magnetic balancer has served me well for way over ten years now; it'll handle props up to 16" diameter easily.

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack