Dumb Insight for the Day

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 22:45:40 -0400, "Morgans" wrote in :

I don't have a wife, but I sure have had that look on my face often enough. :-O

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" wrote

Yep! Meeee too.

I was (as you would say) bummmmed out, that day.

What a change, in a millisecond. From elation over a full day of good flying (the first) to disaster!

An eighty pound compressor can do a really good job of smashing balsa wood. :-(

Reply to
Morgans

"Thus Spake Zarathustra" is the most commonly remembered piece. As I recall, it was playing when the ape/human threw the bone skyward and they cut to the space station....

Reply to
OldSchool

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:14:59 -0700 (PDT), OldSchool wrote in :

True.

But the walz (one, two, three, one, two, three, one, two, three, ...) that he is alluding to is "The Blue Danube." It's played at a happy time during the construction or launch of the space ship, if I remember correctly.

"Thus Spake Zarathustra" is probably cut time or 4/4. Think of the timpanies in the piece. Seems to be that they are being struck on eighth notes in a 4/4 framework.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Yeah, that's the "theme song" of 2001 but the one I'm thinking of came later when they were docking with the space station. Some kind of waltz.

OK, looked it up: Blue Danube

"Thus Spake Zarathustra" is the most commonly remembered piece. As I recall, it was playing when the ape/human threw the bone skyward and they cut to the space station....

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

The Waltz was the "Blue Danube"

"Thus Spake Zarathustra" goes Daa Daa Daaaa DiDaaaaaaa Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom 8^)

Regards KGB

Reply to
KGB

Hi

I used to have a (chow chow) dog and a van - with Rusty the dog usually travelling in the back of the van.

One day I was transporting several model aircraft - and Rusty. On that occasion, Rusty travelled in the front passenger seat with the aircraft safely in the back.

Arriving at my destination. I let Rusty out first - then opened the back of the van to retrieve the planes. "Oh great!" thought Rusty "We are going somewhere else"; then jumped in the back.

Unfortunately, my loud obscene yell frightened Rusty so much he cowered in the back, running round to avoid being grabbed, unsure what he had done wrong. When I finally did grab him (by the throat) and dragged him out, a passing lady threatened to report me to the police for cruelty and my wife wouldn't speak to me for days for being nasty to the dog.

Fortunately the damage to the planes was repairable and Rusty (and the wife) soon forgave me for trying to strangle him.

Regards

KGB

Reply to
KGB

Is it ok now to look back and chuckle because I did. mk :)

Reply to
MJKolodziej

"KGB (KGB)" wrote

That's a good story, too. No good deed goes unpunished, I always say.

I love dogs, so don't get me wrong, but....

I have seldom found that dogs and model airplanes mix well...

Either the damage they can do being around them, or the attempted chasing while you "think" you are going to land.

Reply to
Morgans